Thinking about making the switch to integrative, holistic family health care? Here’s what to know before you do:
What are the Benefits of Integrative Health Care?
Holistic medicine and integrative family medicine offer so many benefits. The most obvious is that they are a departure from the way that many modern health care providers operate. People often migrate from more traditional western medicine providers to holistic health care practices because they are tired of the way modern medicine treats patients, but there are plenty of other reasons why your family will love this kind of approach.
- Treating patients like people, rather than a list of ailments and prescriptions.
- Approaching wellness from the inside out.
- Offering longer appointment times and more direct communication between patients and providers.
- A focus on natural healing techniques, rather than prioritizing prescription medication, surgery, etc.
- An approach that favors preventative care, rather than reactive treatment.
- Does Your Family Need Integrative Health Care?
With all that information in mind, would your family benefit from integrative family care? For most families, the answer would be yes.
If you or your family members have extensive special medical needs, you may be better served by pairing integrative health care with more traditional western medicine, since this will allow you to see more specialists and be more easily admitted to local hospitals. If you don’t have these concerns, though, your family may be a perfect fit for holistic healing.
The biggest benefit of this kind of health care is that it adapts well to any age and stage of life. It also pairs well with other medical approaches, making it easy to integrate into anyone’s lifestyle and health care regimen.
Still concerned? Speak directly with your prospective integrative health care provider and address any questions you might have. This way, you can rest assured that you’ll get exactly what you need – and know that your health will be in the hands of a holistic practitioner!
To know more information contact Integrative Family Medicine of Asheville.