Orthodontics is a type of dental care that works to align the teeth and correct jaw alignment issues that are affecting the appearance and health of the smile. Often, it takes multiple approaches and a team of dental professionals to address severe orthodontic issues. With Orthodontic Procedures in Vancouver, WA, individuals can overcome their alignment issues and dramatically improve the function and appearance of their smile.
Signs a Person May Need Orthodontics
There are a few different signs that may begin to occur when individuals are in need of Orthodontic Procedures in Vancouver, WA. Orthodontics is beneficial for people of all ages and can be used for both cosmetic and functional needs. Often, people seek these dental services because they need a combination of results. The following are some of the signs that should alert a person they need orthodontic treatment.
- If the individual’s upper and lower jaws do not align as they should, this can create problems with chewing and aesthetics.
- Individuals who find it difficult to bite into food or chew their food need to be evaluated for orthodontic care.
- When individuals have teeth that are crooked, orthodontic care can correct the problem and make the smile more attractive.
- Other cosmetic issues, such as large gaps, can also be taken care of with orthodontic intervention.
- Sometimes, individuals find themselves dealing with chronic headaches and jaw pain because they need orthodontic care.
What Can Individuals Expect?
Seeing a Trusted Dentist for a consultation is an important first step in the process. The patient will be carefully evaluated and will have X-rays and images taken of their teeth and jaws. Orthodontic care offers different forms of treatment, including braces, retainers, and other orthodontic devices. Some people end up needing to have jaw surgery to fully meet their goals of smile improvement.
If you are experiencing any of the above, seeing an orthodontist can help. Call the office today to schedule a consultation appointment to get started. They will be happy to answer any questions you may have and give you all the information you need, including your options for treatment. With orthodontic care, your smile will be greatly transformed.